- Driving a car owned by the business to and from a residential address in West Bridgford, Nottingham.
- No fixed hours. Work provided as and when required.
- Transporting financial adviser to client meetings throughout the Midlands and beyond. Door-to-door, trips range from three to twelve hours, with one to three hour meetings in between.
- Schedule is set one to two weeks in advance.
- Remuneration is on an hourly basis to be agreed with the successful candidate.
- Have a clean driving licence with no recent history of accidents.
- Have some experience of driving professionally, e.g. taxi driver/chauffeur, police driver etc.
- Happy with flexible work but able to prioritise our work when it arises.
- Comfortable in meeting members of the public. Occasionally the successful candidate would come into contact with the advisers’ clients.
LICENSING ENFORCEMENT OFFICER P/T
Up to 24 hours per week
£20,979 – £22,214 pro rata per annum
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and committed person to join our Licensing Team as a part-time permanent Enforcement Officer working for Broxtowe Borough Council for 16 hours per week with a further temporary 8 hours at Rushcliffe Borough Council to be reviewed.
The successful candidate will be carrying out a full range of licensing functions including alcohol, taxi and private hire and gambling as well as the licensing of charitable collections and scrap metal dealers. You will need to be able to communicate with the general public, applicants, licence holders, partner agencies and Members of the Councils in a tactful and confident manner and be able to demonstrate a practical approach to problem solving with good negotiation or mediation skills.
You will be expected to work with the team at both Councils and also on your own initiative. Practical experience in enforcement is required. You will be required to interview people, write reports and attend court if necessary. You will need to work flexibly as out of hours and night work will be required based on service delivery needs.
You need to be able to understand licensing law and regulations and will be able to work on your own initiative within statutory timescales.
You should be familiar with all Microsoft Office applications as well as having experience of maintaining and using databases.
Our preferred method for applying for jobs is online at www.broxtowe.gov.uk.
If this is not possible, application packs can be obtained by contacting The Recruitment Team, Human Resources Division on 0115 9173342/3372.
This is a re-advertisement, previous applicants need not apply.
Please quote reference no L27
Closing date: Wednesday 7 June 2017 @ 5.00pm
For those interested in the position you can get a job description from Brian Marshall
FOOD STANDARDS VACANCY
I’m a NARPO member, retiring from West Yorkshire in 2002, since when I have worked as part of a relatively small team of Investigators for the Food Standards Agency (FSA). The Food Standards Agency is the national Competent Authority in relation food; it is the Enforcement Authority in relation to approved meat establishments.
A vacancy has arisen for an Investigation Officer covering the East of England. which would ideally suit a retired officer. Consequently it would be greatly appreciated if you could circulate the below link to your members.
The closing date for applications is the 9th May 2017.
If anyone has difficulty viewing the link, they can search the Civil Service Jobs website direct
Many thanks for your help.
Click the following link(s) to view: