Assistant Security Manager
Location: Sherwood Forest Village – Nottinghamshire
Hours of Work: Full-time
Salary/Hourly Rate: Circa £24,100 per annum
Contract Type: Flexible hours over a 4 – week period
Transport Provided: No
Closing date: 21 August 2018
Assistant Security Manager
We’re a thriving team passionate about working together to deliver excellence, all in a natural forest environment.
Join the UK’s number one short break destination. We are proud to have more than 7,000 team members across five Center Parcs Villages and Head Office, working to create memorable experiences for families in beautiful forest locations.
From initial greeting through to departure our professionally trained security team are here to help. They control access to the Village, assist with emergencies and ensure our guests have an enjoyable stay.
We hope our guests never need them, but knowing we have a Security team on call all year-round provides peace of mind and reassurance.
ABOUT THE BENEFITS
- Annual profit share/management bonus
- Staff Reward Scheme
- Free use of leisure facilities
- Discounted Center Parcs breaks
- 20% discount in restaurant and retail outlets
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Security Manager, you will be responsible for the smooth and efficient day to day operation of the Village Security team. Managing a team of Security Officers, you will provide security for the Village and its guests, ensuring that everyone is greeted in a friendly and professional manner.
Your team will be the initial contact for our guests, work colleagues and contractors so excellent communication skills will be required. Other responsibilities include managing access to the Village, vehicle checks, security foot and mobile patrols of all areas of the Village and perimeter, dealing with security related incidents, ensuring thorough and robust investigations are carried out and being a first aid response.
HOURS OF WORK
You will be contracted to work 168 hours per 4 week period on a flexible basis. You will work 12 hour shifts from 6am to 6pm or 6pm to 6am on a rolling rota.
As our village is open 365 days of the year, your working hours will include working weekends, bank holidays and during Christmas and/or New Year on a rota basis.
- A natural leader who can inspire others to work to the best of their abilities
- Previous Supervisory/Managerial experience
- Ability to communicate competently both orally and in writing
- Naturally cheerful
- Ability to perform well under pressure
- Current Full Driving Licence
- Physically capable of carrying out the demands of the role
- SIA (Security Industry Authority) Door Supervisor Badge
- First Aid at Work Certificate
- Previous Management experience within a security environment
- A working knowledge of IT systems
Closing date: 21 August 2018 at 12 Noon
1st Interviews to be held: 29 August 2018
Please note this vacancy may close at any time once sufficient applications have been received. Early submission of your application is therefore encouraged.