|The charity Tax Help for Older People is offering FREE support during 2018 to help older people set up and view their Personal Tax Account on the HMRC website. If you know someone who could benefit from this help, please share or display the flyer linked below.
Some people feel comfortable using the HMRC website by themselves, but others, particularly those who are less confident using a computer, prefer to have a bit of extra support; and that is where we can help.
Whether it is talking through the process with an adviser over the phone as you go, or having a home visit with an adviser to guide you through each stage, we are offering help to people who:
- are over 60;
- are on a lower income;
- have a computer but lack the confidence or skills to use online financial tools and services, and;
- want to access their Personal Tax Account and could do with a bit of help.
Our information flyer can be found here. Please feel free to display this and/or share it with anyone you think could benefit from the help and that fit the above criteria.
About the Personal Tax Account:
HMRC is working to simplify the tax system by bringing more of its information together in one place. By 2020 the aim is that:
- Form filling is reduced as the taxpayer will no longer have to tell HMRC information it already knows;
- An individual’s tax information is up to date at all times, removing the risk of missed deadlines, unnecessary penalties, debts arising and errors in the system being carried forward; and
- The information HMRC needs is automatically uploaded, bringing an end to the tax return.
Your Personal Tax Account allows you to view and manage your tax affairs online quickly and simply.